About Cooperative Education
The UNM Cooperative Education (Co-op) Program integrates classroom studies with paid, productive, real-life work experience in a degree-related field. Students nation-wide get the best of both worlds: a high quality academic degree and an impressive resume of practical work experience. (See below for eligibility and application procedure.)
Current UNM students that have successfully completed at least:
- 24 hours of course work (undergraduate)
- 12 hours of course work (transfer student)
- 09 hours of course work (graduate)
that are in good academic standings:
- min. cumulative GPA of 2.5 (undergraduate)
- min. cumulative GPA of 3.0 (graduate)
- have an updated Handshake profile
- International Students Meet with the GEO Advisor:
- Schedule an appointment with the GEO Advisor each semester prior to the start of employment to get the initial approval for the Co-op Program.
2. Complete the Co-op Agreement Form:
- Fill out all required fields of the Co-op Agreement Form and collect all required signatures before returning the form and a copy of your unofficial transcript to the Co-op Coordinator. These forms may be emailed (preferred) to the Co-op Cordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or be left at our front desk whom will contact you once the forms have been reviewed and signed.
3. Register for your Co-op Program:
- The Co-op Coordinator will provide you with the registration call number, which you will need to register for the Co-op Course. (Registration after the second week of each semester will result in a $75 late fee payable to the Office of the Registrar.)