Student Conference Award Program (S-CAP)
Have you ever wanted to attend a professional or academic conference? Do you have a paper you would like to present at a national meeting? Would you like to expand your networking opportunities? Are the travel expenses too costly? Then, S-CAP program is for you!
The Student Conference Award Program (S-CAP) is a travel grant designed to provide undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to obtain funding to attend an academic or professional conference in their field of study. The maximum award is $600.00 and may include: travel, lodging, airport shuttle or taxi fees, and conference registration fees.
All awards are processed through the Student Financial Aid Office as Travel Grants and may be subject to taxation.
We accept applications each semester and begin accepting them approximately one (1) month prior to the first day of classes. (Based on the Office of Registrar's Academic Calendar)
*Each semester the funding period is counted from the first day of class (Based on the Office of Registrar's Academic Calendar) through the end of the following semester break.
- We do not accept applications earlier than the posted date.
- Your application must be submitted prior to attending the conference.
Funding period dates and the date we begin accepting applications for that semester
- Spring 2017 (Jan 16, 2017 to Jun 4, 2017) – Begin accepting – Dec 5, 2016
- Summer 2017 (June 5, 2017 to Aug 20, 2017) – Begin accepting – May 5, 2017
- Fall 2017 (Aug 21, 2017 to Jan 14, 2018) – Begin accepting – July 21, 2017
For more information contact Cathy Chalk at 277-7794.