How to apply for S-CAP during COVID-19
Student Conference Award Program
Summer Application Process
Due to COVID-19 the office of Career Services is physically closed, but virtually open. Our front desk phones are being checked regularly, please leave a detailed message if you require our services. If you have any questions regarding S-CAP please e-mail me directly, Cathy Chalk at email@example.com.
The Summer 2020 travel period is May 17, 2020 thru July 25, 2020
We begin accepting applications for summer 2020 conference travel on Thursday, April 16th, 2020.
Please complete the packet as is, except the following changes:
- Advisor Verification Form –
We will accept an e-mail from your advisor – Academic or Faculty stating the following
I confirm that – (students name)
- Is currently a student at UNM
- Is currently in a degree seeking program
- Is in good academic standing
- Complete the Budget Proposal - but we will not require budget back up documents.
- All applications must be submitted by e-mail, beginning the morning of 4/16/20. Please send them to, firstname.lastname@example.org
**If there is anything missing from your application, I will notify you by e-mail.
New COVID-19 Policy – If your application is approved but your conference is cancelled for any reason,
- We will hold your award if it is postponed for a later date within the same year
- However, if it is cancelled completely your award cannot be held.